Obsidian Storage Appliance
The Obsidian Storage Appliance is available both as a software defined storage (SDS) hardware and software appliance, as well as a de-clustered RAID (DRAID) Appliance.
De-Clustered RAID (DRAID) Appliance
Obsidian Storage Appliance is a ZFS-based, de-clustered RAID (DRAID) Appliance designed to serve as a robust iSCSI backup storage target and as a general purpose storage appliance for Enterprises and Cloud Service Providers.
The platform includes integrated hardware and software with a middleware layer providing either resilient backup, data protection, as a rapid-recovery storage target for third-party backup applications or as a robust volume services as a primary storage appliance.
Viking Enterprise Solutions (VES) Obsidian Storage Appliance technology provides up to 20% better I/O performance and from 2.5 to 1000 times faster array rebuild rate compared to traditional de-clustered RAID arrays.
The Obsidian Storage Appliance is flexible and powerful enough to also support a range of secondary and primary storage applications including use as a stand-alone fast compute and storage node, video broadcasting or cache serving platform.PRODUCT BRIEF INQUIRY
- ZFS-based Architecture Provides Robust Data Integrity Assurance with Block-level Checksums and Pro-active Corruption Scanning
- Pre-configured and Tuned Storage Pools for Convenience, Reduced Errors, and Quick Deployment
- 20% Faster I/O Performance and 250% – 1000% Faster RAID Rebuild Time vs. Traditional RAID Arrays
- Supports High capacity SAS drives: 14TB+
- Close to 1 Petabyte of storage in a 4U form factor
- Improved data protection with triple parity
- Ability to rebuild a 14TB drive in a matter of hours
- Tightly integrated with Kubernetes components allows flexibility in managing storage in cloud or hybrid cloud solutions
- Manages S3, ISCSI, NFS, SMB support for multiple storage needs
- Powerful graphical and command line user interfaces – easy to implement and manage
- Flexible storage device configurations range from all-NVME to all-SSD to all-HDD or any hybrid combination optimizing cost and performance
|Automation||Networking||Easy to Use||Alerting|
|Simple, clear CLI, with SDK provided at support for Solarwinds, Zabbix, Nagios||10Gbps Sharing of iSCSI Volumes||Easy to use Menu System aimed at reducing errors by Data Center Personnel||Scheduling of proactive scrubbing aids detection & early warning via email alert/notifications|
|Bonding Network Interfaces & Link Aggregation||LED Indicator driven disk replacement wizard||Email notifications to inform multiple user of important events on the storage appliance|
|Easy export of volumes over iSCSI to initiators & groups||Remaining time & progress bar for Rebuilding process||Manage Email Address Lists with “To” list & “cc” users|
|Notification sent when issues are detected or if a particular volume is shared|